- EBMS Knowledge Base
- Customer Payments
EBMS Main Documentation
- Getting Started
- Getting Started | Initial Installation
- Getting Started | Company Setup
- Quick User Guide | Financial Staff | Accountant
- Quick User Guide | Financial Staff | Accountant | Accountants Journal
- Quick User Guide | Sales Staff
- Quick User Guide | General Staff
- Reports | Excel Add-In
- Reports | Excel Add-In | Troubleshooting
- Server Manager
- Technical | Data Import and Export Utility
- Technical | SQL Mirror
- Automotive | Parts Catalog
- Automotive | Pricing
- Automotive | Point of Sale
- Automotive | Product Application
- Automotive | Keystone Interface
- Automotive | WHI Solutions eCatalog Interface
- Metal Supply
- Fuel Sales
- Horticulture | Farm Setup
- Horticulture | Processing Payroll
- Horticulture | Managing the Farm
- Customers | Miscellaneous Customers
- Proposals | Processing Proposals
- Proposals | Sets and Templates
- Sales Orders
- Materials Lists
- Sales and Use Tax
- Sales and Use Tax | TaxJar
- CRM | Auto Send
- Recurring Billing
- Customer Payments
- Payment Card Processing
- Payment Card Processing | Gift Cards
- Payment Card Processing | Loyalty Cards
- Freight and Shipping Tools
- General Ledger Transactions
- Point of Sale
- Point of Sale | Point of Sale Hardware
- Point of Sale | Xpress POS System
- Point of Sale | Advanced Tools
- Signature Capture
- Salesperson Commissions
- Product Catalog
- Product Catalog | Using Product Codes for No Count Items
- Product Pricing
- Product Pricing | Special Pricing
- Tracking Counts
- Unit of Measure
- Special Orders and Drop Shipped Items
- Receiving Product
- MyInventory and Scanner
- Components (BOM) and Accessories
- Components (BOM) and Accessories | Component Formula Tool
- Made-to-Order Kitting
- Configure-to-Order Kitting
- Multiple Inventory Locations
- Multiple Inventory Locations | Creating Locations
- Multiple Inventory Locations | Using Multiple Locations
- Multiple Inventory Locations | Product Catalog Sync
- Multi-Vendor Catalog
- Serialized Items
- Serialized Items | Purchasing or Manufacturing an Item
- Serialized Items | Selling and/or Associating an item with a customer
- Product Attributes
- Product Attributes | Selling and Purchasing Items with Attributes
- Product Attributes | Custom Attributes
- Mobile Scanner (Legacy)
- Getting Started
- Taxes and Deductions
- Work Codes
- Time and Attendance
- Time and Attendance | Time Track App
- Processing Payroll
- Closing the Payroll Year
- Processing Payroll - Advanced
- Salaried Pay
- Piecework Pay
- Direct Deposit
- 3rd Party Payroll Service
- Subcontract Workers
- Flag Pay
- Prevailing Wages
- MyTime | Communications
- MyTime | Setup
- Tasks | Getting Started
- Tasks | Creating Tasks
- Tasks | Scheduling Tasks
- Tasks | Customizing Task Views
- Tasks | Managing Tasks
- Fiscal Year
- Chart of Accounts
- Financial Reporting
- Transactions and Journals
- Transactions and Journals | Journals
- Account Reconciliation
- Departments and Profit Centers
- Fund Accounts
- Bank Accounts
- Bank Feed
- Vendors | Miscellaneous Vendors
- Purchase Orders
- Expense Invoices
- Vendor Payments
- AP Transactions
- Landed Cost
- Fixed Assets and Depreciation
- Fixed Assets and Depreciation | Fixed Assets
- Fixed Assets and Depreciation | Fixed Assets | Adding Assets
- Fixed Assets and Depreciation | Processing Depreciation
- Fixed Assets and Depreciation | Disposing Assets
Direct and Automated Payments
EBMS allows payments to be automated within a sales invoice by setting the payment terms within the customer record or sales invoice. The automated payment option is often used to process the payment for batch billing and recurring billing processes.
Insider Video: Streamline your accounts receivables
Complete the following steps to automate an automated payment from a customer:
Configure the customer record:
ACH payment: Review ACH Payments for instructions to record the Direct Payment Information for each customer.
Payment card: Store a credit card within the customer’s record: The saved credit card record must have the Preferred Credit Card option enabled. Review the Payment Card Processing > Saving Customer Credit Cards section for instructions on saving a credit card.
Create a sales document and set the automated payment Due terms within the recurring proposal or invoice as shown below:
Select the Customer Direct Payment terms setting to process this sales order using ACH payments.
Select the Customer Preferred Credit Card on File to use a credit card automated payment:
Set the term settings within the terms tab to set the payment for a single document as shown above:
Review Sales Orders > Entering a Sales Order for details on creating a sales order.
The following options allow the user to further automate this payment term for multiple documents.
Set the terms within a customer record to automate all sales for a customer: Use this option only if the customer approves all purchases with an automated payment. EBMS will copy the customer’s terms to all new sales orders and invoices. Review Customers > Changing Customer Information – Terms for details on changing the customer’s default terms.
Create a recurring proposal with Due terms as shown above for a recurring billing event: Review Recurring Billing > Scheduling a Recurring Invoice for details on recurring billings.
Open the Sales > Batch Processing dialog to list all sales orders set to be paid with automated payments. Review Invoices > Batch Processing for more details on this dialog.
Set the query to view all sales invoices to be processed with automated payments.
ACH Payments: Review Process ACH Payments for details on configuring the Batch Processing query.
Credit Card Payments: Configure the Batch Processing query setting as shown below:
Click on the Queries button to open the following Queries list:
Click New Query to create the new query to list sales orders with the Customer Preferred Credit Card on File terms
Enter a Query Description to describe the sales order query.
Click on the Sales Order Query to open the Set Query dialog.
Enable the User Advanced Formula option.
Set the query details as shown above. Review [Main] Features > Advanced Query Options for more details on these query settings.
Click OK to save the settings. Review Invoices > Batch Processing for more details on the various settings.
Select the appropriate Query based on the type of automated payment process:
Select the ACH Payments query to process customer direct payments: Review Process ACH Payments for details on this query.
Select Credit Card Payments query to select the query as described above.
Select the sales orders to process into invoices and process automated payments.
Click on the Process button to complete the process.